Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Lady in Red Has a Life of Her Own

Each day I come to understand more and more why they call it the Change. Everyday there is something different going on with my body. My cycle, or the "Lady in Red" as I call her is completely in charge. She shows up and out whenever, and might I add at the most inopportune times. It can be quite annoying.

Another funny aspect of this journey is the number of my sisters friends that keep telling me, girl it sounds like you are almost at the end. My biological sister is the lead singer in this chorus. Well I don't want to be almost at the end, I want to be at the end, as in no more periods and no more pads and Lord have Mercy no more cramps.

There are days that I rant loudly about how tired I am of pouring (bleeding) what I feel is my life energy away. On more sane days when my hormones are a bit more in balance, I recognize that it is all a process that is preparing my body, mind and spirit to emerge as a stronger, wiser, yet still Quiet Warrior Queen. As I move through that process, the Lady in Red is very much in charge and I have to go with the flow. (Pun intended).

Until next time....

No comments: